#18: "Dopamine Fasting" aka. How to trick your brain to do hard things!May 12, 2020
Great links, videos, articles, etc.-
- Youtube Vid: How I Tricked My Brain To Like Doing Hard Things
- Youtube Vid: Dopamine: Driving Your Brain into the Future
- Article: The Science of Craving
- Article: Seeking- How the brain hard-wires us to love Google, Twitter, and texting. And why that’s dangerous.-
- Article: Is Google Making Us Stupid? What the Internet is doing to our brains
- Article: Has Dopamine got us hooked on Tech? - “Tech companies understand what causes dopamine surges in the brain and they lace their products with ‘hijacking techniques’ that lure us in and create ‘compulsion loops’.”
- Article: Is there actual science behind dopamine fasting?- The trendy concept of "dopamine fasting" actually finds its roots in established addiction therapies. …”It's important to note that, despite the name, the original idea behind dopamine fasting is not to literally lower dopamine levels. "The goal is not to reduce dopamine or elicit functional brain changes," Sepah, who is a clinical professor of psychiatry at the University of California, San Francisco, told Live Science in an email. Instead, dopamine fasting encourages people to reduce the "time spent on problematic behavior," he said.“
- Article: How to get your motivation back- “Caffeine and sugar can give you a quick surge of dopamine at the expense of creating your own natural pathways to get a dopamine hit. And once you aren’t getting dopamine hits by natural means, you aren’t getting them at all.”
WHAT WE DO
We help you put ideas to work and build confidence...
- By keeping promises to yourself
- By taking daily steps forward
- By creating habits that improve your life and move you forward
WHO WE ARE
Two family guys who show achievers how to put simple ideas to work in their busy lives so they can see better results.
- We believe in change
- We believe in the power of compounding daily habits
- We believe you can become the best version of yourself
FOR MORE GREAT IDEAS - CONNECT, FOLLOW, SUBSCRIBE
Enjoyed this episode? Subscribe and leave us a review. We're always working to get better and love feedback. Send us an email at [email protected] and follow us on social media to connect with us there.
Habit Masters is independently funded, produced, and published.
Your support helps us bring you the content you love, ad-free!
Thanks for Listening!
Snag a FREE Kindle copy of the best selling book The Gap and The Gain by Dan Sullivan and Dr. Ben Hardy. Just click the button below to claim your book and we'll send you the free Amazon download link within 48 hours. No strings attached.
While supplies last!
info is always kept private